6 months in London, then remote
Apply before 31 August '21
Business Development Manager
About the role
This exciting role is aimed at prospecting and building new sales channels in a scale-up environment. Your tasks will be a combination of deal origination, pipeline creation, inbound/outbound prospecting, and marketing. If you are proactive, detail-oriented, highly collaborative & embraces working in a fast-paced environment, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
The role will be trailblazing and also super rewarding!
The impact you’ll own
- Create a pipeline of new business opportunities across sectors & markets by initiating contact and building relationships with key decision-makers.
- Manage complex sales within different industries and customers that require a tailored value proposition.
- Being customer-obsessed, driving exceptional customer value & outcomes across the product development and account management processes.
- Support sales enablement and marketing initiatives around brand awareness, market positioning and demand generation.
- Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to trends, emerging technologies, and competitors.
- Demonstrating business acumen and strategic thinking, contributing ideas that help drive our commercial success.
Alfie, Chief Mischief Officer
What you bring
- A proven track record in business development, driving sales revenues and can demonstrate success managing end-to-end B2B sales cycle, ideally in data, SaaS or technology.
- You use a structured approach to lead generation, and sales funnel management, controlling the complete sales process.
- Outstanding relationship management skills, customer obsession and a consultative approach to sales.
- Demonstrable ability to explain complex topics catered to different industries & sectors.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills.
- A genuine passion for transforming the world with our climate adaptation data and insights.
What makes you stand out
- Experience working in a fast-paced SaaS or technology start-up environment
- Experience with Hubspot (or equivalent CRM tool)
- Bilingual or German-speaking
- Knowledge of climate modelling and analytics
What you get
£40-50k annual salary
Your compensation is determined based on the value you create. We'll also reward you with employee shares based on merit & performance. We are a genuine meritocracy, free from outdated HR practices.
Pensions & Perks
We offer a flexible benefits package aligned to modern ways of working that includes a benefits allowance, corporate discounts and shared parental leave arrangements.
Designed to encourage long-term thinking and behaviours. Being an employee-owned firm will be key to our success.
22 holiday days (+ Bank holidays)
Flexible working arrangement - work the hours you want, work from wherever you want to balance your own workload with life’s priorities.
Your growth is key
In addition to pioneering climate change analytics, you’ll be exposed to the inner workings of an exciting start-up, and continuous development.
You’ll be making a positive impact to the world. We’ll also have two days per year allocated for volunteering time to support a charity or community group and make an impact closer to home.
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate tech company set to revolutionise a new vertical of climate adaptation software by changing the way the world manages assets, property and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to give our customers meaningful insights on how their property will be impacted by our changing climate. From individuals with one property, to businesses with millions of assets; our platform clearly displays risks from potentially damaging severe weather events across multiple climate change scenarios, and calculates the cost of that damage to the asset valuation.
Climate X will save customers millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the UK’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
We feel very strongly about diversity with founders and existing team members coming from a variety of backgrounds. We’re not building just a team but a place of innovation where brains and fun coexist to address the biggest challenge our society is facing now.