6 months in London, then remote
About the role
You’ll be tasked to support the implementation of a cloud-based Climate X platform hosting our cutting-edge climate, geospatial and econometrical models.
Customers will be able to access our data and analytics via an online web portal or API for enterprise clients. You will initially manage a tech sub-contractor and gradually help building the team in-house, allowing for the roll-out of derivative products.
The role is trailblazing and with a great growth opportunity.
The impact you’ll own
- Support the strategy and its implementation for Climate X tech platform - on time and to budget
- Manage our chosen sub-contractors
- Manage and optimize infrastructure to satisfy internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices, as well as governance frameworks
- Track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Work closely with the Geospatial Modelling and Business Development teams to define and help deliver new products and enhancements
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
Alfie, Chief Mischief Officer
What you bring
- Previous working experience in Data Engineering (or Solution Architecture in AWS)
- Strong Python skills
- Knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Deployment and monitoring of industry recognised cybersecurity standards across the tech stack
- Ability to work autonomously with good time, budget and project management skills
- Hands-on, can-do attitude and ability to collaborate effectively
- Passion, energy and wit
What makes you stand out
- Experience of deploying to enterprise-grade clients
- An interest in the current climate change space and future climate impacts
- Previous experience in start-up environments
- Full-stack engineering
What you get
£80k annual salary
Your compensation is determined based on the value you create. We are a genuine meritocracy, free from outdated HR practices.
Pensions & Perks
We offer a flexible benefits package aligned to modern ways of working that includes a benefits allowance, corporate discounts and shared parental leave arrangements.
Designed to encourage long-term thinking and behaviours. Being an employee-owned firm will be key to our success.
22 holiday days (+ Bank holidays)
Flexible working arrangement - work the hours you want, work from wherever you want to balance your own workload with life’s priorities.
Your growth is key
In addition to pioneering climate change analytics, you’ll be exposed to the inner workings of an exciting start-up, and continuous development.
You’ll be making a positive impact to the world. We’ll also have two days per year allocated for volunteering time to support a charity or community group and make an impact closer to home.
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate tech company set to revolutionise a new vertical of climate adaptation software by changing the way the world manages assets, property and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to give our customers meaningful insights on how their property will be impacted by our changing climate. From individuals with one property, to businesses with millions of assets; our platform clearly displays risks from potentially damaging severe weather events across multiple climate change scenarios, and calculates the cost of that damage to the asset valuation.
Climate X will save customers millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the UK’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
We feel very strongly about diversity with founders and existing team members coming from a variety of backgrounds. We’re not building just a team but a place of innovation where brains and fun coexist to address the biggest challenge our society is facing now.