Full-time, to start ASAP.
Based in London with scope for WFH a few days per week.
Closed for applications.
Office Manager & PA
About the role
We know that an excellent PA leads to better outcomes for our Customers by enabling the performance of the Executive they support. This is why we are looking for a passionate, ambitious EA who relishes working in a fast-paced environment where they have an opportunity to make a real difference.
While you will be aligned with specific people when you join, it is important that you’re willing to work with others as needs change. We generally work 1:2/1:3 depending on the workload associated with the person.
The impact you’ll own
- Provide administrative support to the CEO and CPO, possibly to C-Suite.
- E-to-E office management.
- Coordinate the CEO’s ever-changing diary; ensuring all meeting logistics are taken care of. This includes arranging international travel itineraries and bookings, as well as allocating personal time.
- Pre-read and review administrative documents, including signature and approval requests.
- You’ll own meeting planning, agendas, take notes & actions when needed
- Track action lists for the CEO through interactions over multiple communication tools (email, slack etc).
- Arranging internal and external meetings, conference calls, video conferences, hospitality and events.
- Preparing agendas and issuing papers for regular management meetings and Monthly Forums.
- Managing telephone traffic and other correspondence, including effective escalation as required.
- Scheduling and booking travel and meeting itineraries- provide comprehensive details of arrangements, including providing contingency contact numbers in case of unexpected changes or delays to plans.
- Provide other administrative support, including processing invoices and expense claims on a regular basis.
- The role is 95% work and administrative support with a potential for 5% of time on personal logistics.
What you bring
- Experience as a PA/EA/Office Manager/Project Manager in a high-growth company. Preferably, we are looking for someone experienced in supporting C-level executives.
- A self-starter who loves to work autonomously.
- Identify gaps and streamline processes with little or no guidance from others.
- Use initiative and excellent judgment to make decisions in an ambiguous environment.
- Juggle multiple responsibilities with unwavering attention to detail at all times.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to match your communication style to the specifics of the situation, and audience.
- A creative problem solver. We're not a 'one-size-fits-all' company, and we're not looking for off-the-shelf solutions.
- You think on your feet and find solutions to problems that are anything but clear-cut.
- Act with total discretion and diplomacy and apply sound judgement in responding to circumstances.
- Proficient in using Office applications (Word/Excel) and other collaboration tools, such as Slack.
- You're able to conduct basic data analysis using Excel.
What you get
Your compensation is determined based on the value you create. We'll also reward you with employee shares based on merit & performance. We are a genuine meritocracy, free from outdated HR practices.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Designed to encourage long-term thinking and behaviours. Being an employee-owned firm will be key to our success.
25 holiday days (+ Bank holidays)
Flexible working arrangement - work the hours you want to balance your own workload with life’s priorities. We're also partnered with Oliva.Health for uncapped mental healthcare support
Your growth is key
In addition to pioneering climate change analytics, you’ll be exposed to the inner workings of an exciting start-up, and continuous development with £1.5k to spend on your personal training. You'll benefit from a dedicated budget for tech team to attend and represent Climate X at conferences and events.
Pensions & Perks
We offer a flexible benefits package aligned to modern ways of working that includes a benefits allowance, a green pension, corporate discounts and shared parental leave arrangements.
You’ll be making a positive impact to the world. We’ll also have two days per year allocated for volunteering time to support a charity or community group and make an impact closer to home.
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate adaptation data company set to revolutionise how the world manages assets, property, and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to give our customers meaningful insights into how our changing climate will impact their property. From individuals with one property to businesses with millions of assets, our platform displays risks from potentially damaging severe weather events across multiple climate change scenarios and calculates the cost of that damage to the asset valuation.
Climate X will help customers save millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the UK’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
We advocate diversity with our founders, team, and investors from various backgrounds. We’re not building just a team but a place of innovation where problem-solving and fun coexist to address the most significant challenge our society is facing now.
Applying for this role – if in doubt, do it!
We've tried to make the hiring process as easy and transparent as possible. That's because we want to respect your time and help you succeed if you apply.
If you don't tick every box in the job description or think there are different ways to shine that our job ad doesn't quite capture, it's okay! We encourage you to apply anyway instead of not applying at all!
If there are any adjustments, we can make to help make the process easier for you, for example, if you have a disability or a different way of working that we should be aware of – please let us know, and we'll do our best to help.
If you want to build something that matters to the world and are ready to join our team on this journey, apply now!