Full-time, to start ASAP.
Based in London.
Senior Data Scientist - Geospatial / Climate Tech
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable data scientist to join our team. The successful candidate will help driving Climate X's product development efforts and report to the company's CPO.
You will be a crucial link between a team of superstar scientists, engineers and the CPO, ensuring innovation and competitive edge go hand in hand with continuous feature and product deployments.
The role will be trailblazing and super rewarding!
The impact you’ll own
- Drive product initiatives from prototype to productionisation, coordinating deployments between tech and science teams.
- Deep-dive into climate impact and vulnerability modelling that feeds into the product.
- Provide robust user acceptance testing of new products and features.
- Produce business requirements for the tech team.
- Understand the market customer needs and support exploration of new product opportunities.
What you bring
- Strong product and/or science background and willingness to learn the rest.
- Comfortable using geospatial data.
- Previous experience in applying Machine Learning models.
- Great data analytics skills and skills in Python/SQL/QGIS.
- Strong communication and project management (Agile) skills.
- Hands-on, can-do attitude, great interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Passion, energy and wit.
What makes you stand out
- Previous experience in productionising climate intelligence.
- Understanding of the current climate change landscape and interest in future trends.
- Experience working at start-ups or scale-ups.
- Strong academic credentials.
What you get
£60-£80k annual salary (DOE)
Your compensation is determined based on the value you create. We'll also reward you with employee shares based on merit & performance. We are a genuine meritocracy, free from outdated HR practices.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Designed to encourage long-term thinking and behaviours. Being an employee-owned firm will be key to our success.
25 holiday days (+ Bank holidays)
Flexible working arrangement - work the hours you want to balance your own workload with life’s priorities. We're also partnered with Oliva.Health for uncapped mental healthcare support
Your growth is key
In addition to pioneering climate change analytics, you’ll be exposed to the inner workings of an exciting start-up, and continuous development with £1.5k to spend on your personal training. You'll benefit from a dedicated budget for tech team to attend and represent Climate X at conferences and events.
Pensions & Perks
We offer a flexible benefits package aligned to modern ways of working that includes a benefits allowance, a green pension, corporate discounts and shared parental leave arrangements.
You’ll be making a positive impact to the world. We’ll also have two days per year allocated for volunteering time to support a charity or community group and make an impact closer to home.
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate adaptation data company set to revolutionise how the world manages assets, property, and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to give our customers meaningful insights into how our changing climate will impact their property. From individuals with one property to businesses with millions of assets, our platform displays risks from potentially damaging severe weather events across multiple climate change scenarios and calculates the cost of that damage to the asset valuation.
Climate X will help customers save millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the UK’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
We advocate diversity with our founders, team, and investors from various backgrounds. We’re not building just a team but a place of innovation where problem-solving and fun coexist to address the most significant challenge our society is facing now.
Applying for this role – if in doubt, do it!
We've tried to make the hiring process as easy and transparent as possible. That's because we want to respect your time and help you succeed if you apply.
If you don't tick every box in the job description or think there are different ways to shine that our job ad doesn't quite capture, it's okay! We encourage you to apply anyway instead of not applying at all!
If there are any adjustments, we can make to help make the process easier for you, for example, if you have a disability or a different way of working that we should be aware of – please let us know, and we'll do our best to help.
If you want to build something that matters to the world and are ready to join our team on this journey, apply now!