Full time, to start early May/June
Based in London with some scope for remote working part of the time
Apply before 25th April 2022
Technical Product Owner / Climate Analytics
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable Technical Product Owner to join our team. The successful candidate will drive Climate X's product development efforts and report to the company's CPO.
You will be a crucial link between a team of superstar scientists, engineers and the CPO, ensuring innovation and competitive edge go hand in hand with continuous feature and product deployments.
The role will be trailblazing and super rewarding!
The impact you’ll own
- Ensure delivery of the product development roadmap and prioritise the backlog
- Coordinate product deployment activities between tech and science teams
- Raise ideas for new features and drive prototype activity
- Support new product design
- Provide robust user acceptance of new product deployments
- Understand the market customer needs and support exploration of new product opportunities
What you bring
- Strong product background and willingness to grow
- Understanding of geospatial data and derived products
- Good data analytics skills and working knowledge of Python/SQL
- Strong communication and project management (Agile) skills
- Hands-on, can-do attitude, great interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively
- Passion, energy and wit
What makes you stand out
- Previous experience in productionising climate intelligence
- Understanding of the current climate change landscape and interest in future trends
- Experience working at start-ups or scale-ups
- Strong academic credentials
What you get
£60-£70k annual salary (DOE)
Your compensation is determined based on the value you create. We'll also reward you with employee shares based on merit & performance. We are a genuine meritocracy, free from outdated HR practices.
Pensions & Perks
Net-zero (green) pension with birthday treats: lay-in and spa treatment
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Designed to encourage long-term thinking and behaviours. Being an employee-owned firm will be key to our success.
25 holiday days (+8 Bank holidays)
Flexible working arrangement - work the hours you want, work from wherever you want to balance your own workload with life’s priorities.
Your growth is key
In addition to pioneering climate change analytics, you’ll be exposed to the inner workings of an exciting start-up, and continuous development with £1.5k to spend on your personal training. You'll benefit from a dedicated budget for tech team to attend and represent Climate X at conferences and events.
You’ll be making a positive impact to the world. We’ll also have two days per year allocated for volunteering time to support a charity or community group and make an impact closer to home.
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate tech company set to revolutionise a new breed of climate adaptation software by changing the way the world manages assets, property and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to build a solution to allow users, from individuals with one property or businesses with millions of assets, to look at future climate pathways. This will clearly show;
- how their property/assets could be damaged by severe weather events and
- what that damage might do to the asset valuations.
Climate X will save customers millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the world’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
We feel very strongly about diversity, with founders and existing team members coming from a variety of backgrounds. We’re not just building a team but a place of innovation, where problem solving and fun coexist, to address the biggest challenge our society is facing today.