Full-time, to start ASAP.
Based in London with scope for WFH a few days per week.
Closed for applications.
Technical (Agile) Project Manager & Manual QA Tester
About the role
We seek a passionate and capable Technical Project Manager with QA testing experience to lead a technical team in delivering project deliverables on time and to a high standard.
You would leverage your project management expertise and adept communication skills to advance the development of Climate X’s leading Climate Risk Analytics platform Spectra, together with a superstar team led by an inspiring Engineering Lead.
The impact you’ll own
As a Technical Project Manager
- Provide input into developing the high-level project plan, goals, deliverables, resourcing, and measures.
- Monitor project performance against milestones and proactively identify risks and issues, removing process and operational roadblocks.
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to communicate the project quality and risk management procedures to the project team and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure governance structures, project management standards (e.g., processes, tools, templates), and reporting requirements are maintained.
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organisation.
- Facilitate and support all low-level team planning: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to estimate work and then forecast, track and report on short- and long-term delivery timelines.
- Motivate teams to a high-performing level by recognising areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
As a QA Tester
- Working independently with the broader Engineering team to manage JIRA, test plans, test runs, regression testing, and have input into automation testing.
- Communicating with our Commercial / Support team to identify any software application problems and collaborating with the Engineering Team to fully understand the system - and any changes that impact the testing of features.
- Report significant issues or concerns to the Chief Product Officer and Head of Engineering and provide recommended process improvements.
- Testing new software development, including post-release testing/ verification
- Recording and reporting test results to the Product and Engineering teams
- Conducting day-to-day quality assurance of the software (checking for issues, bugs, etc.), developing test plans, and maintaining test documentation as required.
What you bring
As a Technical Project Manager
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management experience (including at least one year of Agile / Scrum Master experience), with start-up company experience a plus.
- Experience and express familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects, including creating project plans with detailed work breakdown structure, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Independent worker - proactive and can work without detailed supervision.
- Ambitious and willing to grow, with an analytical mind.
- Leadership skills, initiative, good judgment, and the ability to facilitate. development and technical teams toward coordinated consensus and action plans.
- Enterprise experience coordinating operations of multiple technical environments.
- Ability to brief management and leadership effectively with technical issues and impacts.
As a QA Tester
- Minimum one year of commercial experience as a QA Tester (formally or informally).
- Self-motivated and a hard worker with the ability, passion, and drive to work to tight deadlines and achieve goals.
- Ability to receive feedback positively.
- A demonstratable working knowledge of software testing and current practices as detailed in the job specification.
- A genuine passion for software testing and delivering quality.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbally.
- A positive, professional team player that has a genuine drive to achieve targets - we are a values-led organisation and actively promote a great working environment, positive team spirit and inclusivity.
What makes you stand out
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/technology, information management, or other IT-related field.
- Experience with other risk management products and platforms.
- Expertise in Agile techniques such as user story creation, estimation, velocity & dependency mapping, etc.
- Confidence in working with mixed onshore and offshore team members
- Good knowledge of test design techniques
- Enthusiasm to achieve the highest level of quality of the product, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands-on, can-do attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate effectively. This includes planning projects, meeting objectives, developing contingencies, and producing schedules.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills – and the ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
What you get
£50k - £60k
Your compensation is determined based on the value you create. We'll also reward you with employee shares based on merit & performance. We are a genuine meritocracy, free from outdated HR practices.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Designed to encourage long-term thinking and behaviours. Being an employee-owned firm will be key to our success.
25 holiday days (+ Bank holidays)
Flexible working arrangement - work the hours you want to balance your own workload with life’s priorities. We're also partnered with Oliva.Health for uncapped mental healthcare support
Your growth is key
In addition to pioneering climate change analytics, you’ll be exposed to the inner workings of an exciting start-up, and continuous development with £1.5k to spend on your personal training. You'll benefit from a dedicated budget for tech team to attend and represent Climate X at conferences and events.
Pensions & Perks
We offer a flexible benefits package aligned to modern ways of working that includes a benefits allowance, a green pension, corporate discounts and shared parental leave arrangements.
You’ll be making a positive impact to the world. We’ll also have two days per year allocated for volunteering time to support a charity or community group and make an impact closer to home.
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate adaptation data company set to revolutionise how the world manages assets, property, and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to give our customers meaningful insights into how our changing climate will impact their property. From individuals with one property to businesses with millions of assets, our platform displays risks from potentially damaging severe weather events across multiple climate change scenarios and calculates the cost of that damage to the asset valuation.
Climate X will help customers save millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the UK’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
We advocate diversity with our founders, team, and investors from various backgrounds. We’re not building just a team but a place of innovation where problem-solving and fun coexist to address the most significant challenge our society is facing now.
Applying for this role – if in doubt, do it!
We've tried to make the hiring process as easy and transparent as possible. That's because we want to respect your time and help you succeed if you apply.
If you don't tick every box in the job description or think there are different ways to shine that our job ad doesn't quite capture, it's okay! We encourage you to apply anyway instead of not applying at all!
If there are any adjustments, we can make to help make the process easier for you, for example, if you have a disability or a different way of working that we should be aware of – please let us know, and we'll do our best to help.
If you want to build something that matters to the world and are ready to join our team on this journey, apply now!