June 30th, 2021
6 months in London, then flexible
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate tech company set to revolutionise a new vertical of climate adaptation software by changing the way the world manages assets, property and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to build a solution that will let users (individuals with one property or businesses with millions of assets) access our platform to look at future climate pathways to identify
- how their property/assets could be damaged by severe weather events and
- what that damage might do to the asset valuations.
Climate X will save customers millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the UK’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
Last, but not least, we’re feeling very strongly about diversity with founders and existing team members coming from a variety of backgrounds. We’re not building just a team but a place of innovation where brains and fun coexist to address the biggest challenge our society is facing now.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable geospatial modeller to quantify climate change-related risks from shifting earth. You’ll support the development of Climate X's geospatial core, together with a superstar team led by an inspiring Geospatial Modelling Lead.
The solution core will be fed with climate projections, remote sensing historical observations and other risk data to model frequency and severity of climate physical risks such as floods, subsidence, storms, droughts etc.
Impact you’ll own
- Development, modelling and continuous innovation of the core geospatial solution
- Identification and standardisation of observational and modelling data required for development
- Testing, validation and benchmarking of the results
- Documentation of all modelling activity
- Participation in product demos with enterprise-grade clients
- Research on climate-related hazards and development of innovative methods
What you bring
- Relevant experience in geospatial modelling, geospatial mapping or remote sensing
- Experience leveraging scientific computing/machine learning with Python, R, Matplotlib and/or MATLAB in a cloud environment
- Awareness of emerging geospatial research trends and technologies
- Ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Hands-on, can-do attitude, great interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate effectively
- Passion, energy and wit
What makes you stand out
- A PhD or equivalent experience in areas related to climate science, geophysics, GIS or climate change impacts.
- Previous experience of modelling climate-related physical risks such as flooding, drought, storms, wildfire, extreme heat/cold, subsidence, etc.
- Experience with remote sensing, Earth observation, GIS or climate modelling.
- Understanding of the current climate change space and interest in future trends
- Recognised accomplishments in the world of geospatial analytics